My name is Mark Rist, an RSA fellow and RIBA award winning ARB registered Architect. Along with my colleague the RSA award-winning Natalie Savva, we lead a young design studio located in central London which concentrates on creative, practical and sustainable domestic and residential design, be it new build or refurbishment.
Our studio was recently recognised in a survey of the best British architectural practices established in the past ten years and is featured in the publication ‘New architects 4’ by the Architecture Foundation.
Importantly as a studio:
- We listen to our clients, their needs and aspirations.
- We always aim to maximise budgets and add value to all our designs.
- We work with an array of talented consultants and specialists and know that assembling the right team is essential to achieve quality in design and construction.
- We provide architectural services from concept design, planning and technical design through to monitoring builders progress and payments through construction periods.
- We are dedicated to improving sustainability in domestic design. This includes not only material use but thermal and lighting consideration as well as the use of sustainable energies.
As well as design itself, we have a great fondness and enthusiasm for meeting and working with new clients across London and the UK, and we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Loft conversions, Kitchens, Sustainable design, Joinery design, Extensions, Planning applications, Re-planning / Internal alterations, New builds, Accessible design
We liked Mark’s work a lot and had a very helpful conversation with him. He was thoughtful and interested in the house and our project. We’ve decided to go a different route but I’m grateful to Mark for the consultation and would have been pleased to work with him.
Level of experience
5+ years experience
I don't mind
Preferred project Budget
£10,000 - £500,000+
We have loved working with Mark and Natalie from Studio Naama for our flat refurbishment in a Modernist high rise apartment building. Right from the start, we were captivated by the creative ideas they presented us for how life in the flat could be substantially improved and wanted to discover where they could lead. We haven’t been disappointed! The designs we will now be turning into reality – under their careful and professional management of the contractor – are creative, beautiful but very pragmatic and efficient. We had challenging demands for what we wanted to achieve from the design and throughout, they listened carefully and managed to incorporate them without losing the essence of their original vision, despite the challenging space constraints. Mark and Natalie’s attention to detail, high standards of professionality, care and a constant eye on the cost implications have made the whole process a reassuring delight. We are very excited to see their hard work come to fruition and to experience our new home!